This blog post was written using Content at Scale.
The link above is a raw output and the version you’re reading has been edited to add the human touch!
“Marketing Like Jesus” is an amazing podcast episode by Adam Flores. He talked about an approach that transcends traditional marketing tactics and focuses on genuine connection with your audience.
If Jesus were here on earth, here is how His introduction would sound:
I’d like to take a moment and introduce you to a marketing genius…
- He is an author that has the #1 book sold in the world, with 6 billion copies of His book printed in over 2,000 languages and dialects.
- There is a movie based in His life called “Jesus Film” which is the number one watched movie of all time.
- And one in three people in the world today claim to be His follower
I’d like to introduce you to the best marketer of ALL TIME….Jesus of Nazareth.
By emulating the methods of Jesus who is one of history’s most influential figures, you can create a powerful impact in your niche.
In this podcast episode to a blog post conversion, we will explore how to apply the principles of Marketing Like Jesus to build a strong core marketing team and engage effectively with prospects.
You’ll learn about identifying your target audience, building bridges before sharing your message, consistently sharing despite rejection, connecting intimately with prospects, speaking bold truths about relevant issues, handling rejection without losing faith, and asking for buy-in from followers.
By embracing these concepts within your marketing strategy, you can foster deep connections with those who need what you offer while maintaining integrity in all aspects of communication.
Table of Contents
Spirit Driven Success is a community of entrepreneurs and visionaries that come together to discuss faith and business. We share spiritual success secrets in the Bible that unlock fear and elevate our faith in action so we can get unstuck and become unstoppable for the Kingdom. It is a powerful community for anyone wanting to grow their business God’s way!
How to Do Marketing Like Jesus
Discover how to market your business or ministry like Jesus, the marketing genius with the number one book sold in the world and one in three people claiming to be his follower.
Learn from his strategies on targeting audiences, building trust, sharing messages consistently, connecting intimately with prospects, speaking bold truths, handling rejection and criticism, and asking for buy-in.
Identify Your Target Audience
Marketing like Jesus means understanding your audience and crafting messages that resonate with them.
To identify your target audience:
- Analyze your product or service: Who will benefit from it?
- Create a buyer persona: Develop a detailed profile of your ideal customer.
- Research competitors: Identify gaps in their approach that you can fill with better-targeted messaging.
- Gather feedback from existing customers: Use this information to refine targeting future prospects.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: Subscribe to relevant newsletters or following influential leaders on social media platforms.
- Build rapport with your audience: Find common ground between yourself and potential customers is important for connecting with them more deeply.
For example, here’s Adam’s target market:
I feel called to reach the entrepreneurs and visionaries of the world, and help them experience a life of increase. And that is increase in their marketing, finances – to break through a poverty mindset, increase in their resources, in their wealth building.
Marketing like Jesus means putting your audience first. You can’t be shooting blanks in your marketing strategy.
Keep in mind that It’s not about you or your brand; it’s about understanding your target audience and seeing your business through their lens.
By doing so, you’ll create more intentional messaging that hits them where it matters most. The goal is to create a product and messaging strategy that is designed with the user in mind.
Remember to adapt and expand your reach when necessary, just as Jesus did during His time on Earth.
Build Bridges Before Sharing Your Message
Marketing 101: Establish trust and rapport with your audience before diving into your core message, just like Jesus did.
Jesus healed the sick, fed the hungry, helped people with resources often BEFORE sharing the Gospel.
What is your marketing bridge?
Offer valuable resources or services that address your audience’s needs before promoting your main product or service.
- Free Resources: Share ebooks, whitepapers, checklists or templates that provide practical solutions for common problems faced by your target audience.
- Educational Content: Create blog posts, articles or video tutorials that teach skills relevant to your niche market.
- Social Media Engagement: Interact with followers on platforms like Facebook and Twitter by answering questions and offering support when needed.
- Empathy is key: Strive for genuine connections with your audience by understanding their pain points and crafting messages that resonate deeply within them.
Building bridges before sharing your message not only strengthens trust but also creates lasting relationships with your audience.
By focusing on building trust and rapport first, you’ll create a foundation of goodwill that will make it easier to sell your products or services down the line.
When you take the time to understand your audience’s needs and desires and offer value before asking for anything in return, you’ll build a loyal following of customers who will be eager to do business with you.
“Connect with your audience like Jesus did – build trust, offer value, and empathize. Marketing isn’t just about selling, it’s about building lasting relationships. #MarketingLikeJesus #EmpathyWins” Click to Tweet
Consistently Share Your Message Despite Rejection
Rejection is inevitable in marketing, but like Jesus, we must persevere and keep sharing our message.
According to Advertising Week, a recent Lucidpress research revealed that brand and content consistency is key in building trust with your audience and increasing revenue by up to 23%.
At the heart of every strong relationship is trust, and the same goes for the relationship between your brand and your customers.
Trust is built through consistency, and that starts with communicating the same values in the same voice at every customer touchpoint.
And when people can count on your brand, they’ll be more likely to choose you over your competitors.
- Create a content calendar: Plan out topics and themes for upcoming weeks or months.
- Establish a posting schedule: Determine how frequently you will post on each platform and stick to it.
- Maintain a cohesive visual identity: Use consistent colors, fonts, imagery, and design elements across all channels.
- Develop mental fortitude: Focus on refining your message while staying true to its core values.
- Tune in to your audience: Seek feedback from trusted sources, analyze your audience’s needs and preferences, or pivot to a new approach if necessary.
In the world of marketing, it’s easy to get lost in the noise and confusion.
But if you want to stand out from the crowd, you need to do marketing like Jesus. Just as Jesus spoke with clarity and purpose, so too should you communicate your brand’s values and mission.
So, if you want to create a lasting bond with your customers, be consistent in your messaging and watch as their loyalty grows.
Connect Intimately With Prospects
In the digital age, it’s easy to be consumed by sales-oriented strategies and forget about forming meaningful connections with potential customers.
However, Jesus’ approach to marketing teaches us the importance of building personal connections with our audience.
By creating space for conversations and genuinely engaging with prospects, we can establish relationships that go beyond mere transactions.
Forbes Coaches Council emphasizes the value of making genuine connections in business by listening actively, being present during interactions, and showing empathy towards others.
These principles align perfectly with Jesus’ way of connecting intimately with those he sought to reach.
- Show genuine interest: Ask open-ended questions about your prospect’s life or business challenges.
- Be authentic: Share personal stories or experiences that relate to your message or product offering.
- Create community: Encourage interaction among followers through social media groups or live events where people can share their thoughts, ideas, and support one another on their journey together toward growth and success.
By following Jesus’ example of connecting intimately with prospects, we can build a loyal audience that values our message and feels compelled to share it with others.
As SEO Hacker points out, relationship marketing is a long-term strategy that leads to increased customer retention, positive word-of-mouth advertising, and ultimately higher profits for your business or ministry.
In the world of marketing, it’s easy to get caught up in the hunt for quick sales and instant gratification. But if you want to build a lasting brand that stands the test of time, you need to focus on relationship marketing.
Just as Jesus focused on building strong relationships with his followers, relationship marketing cultivates closer relationships with customers to ensure their satisfaction and loyalty.
By prioritizing long-term customer relationships over short-term gains, you’ll create a loyal following of buyers and evangelists who will champion your brand for years to come.
In the words of entrepreneur and author Dale Partridge, “Customers don’t care about your logo. They care about you.”
So, don’t be tempted by the lure of the quick buck. Instead, take a page from Jesus’ book and focus on building strong relationships with your customers.
It’s the mission-critical strategy that will set you apart from the competition and drive long-term success.
“Connect intimately with your audience like Jesus did. Build personal relationships, create community and watch your business or ministry thrive. #MarketingLikeJesus #RelationshipMarketing” Click to Tweet
Speak Bold Truths About Relevant Issues
As a content creator or a Christian coach, it’s crucial to have the courage to speak boldly about relevant issues that affect your target audience.
Jesus was known for addressing controversial topics head-on and challenging the status quo of his time
In today’s fast-paced world, speaking bold truths can help you stand out from the crowd and establish yourself as an authority in your niche.
Doing in-depth investigations into the most recent happenings and pressing matters within your field is an effective way to make a statement.
Stay informed by reading reputable sources, attending conferences or webinars, and engaging with thought leaders on social media platforms like LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Tackle sensitive subjects: Don’t shy away from discussing difficult topics that are important to your audience.
- Present well-researched facts: Support your claims with credible data from reputable sources such as government reports, academic studies, or expert opinions.
- Inspire action: Encourage readers to take action based on the insights you provide.
An excellent example of someone who speaks bold truths is Simon Sinek – a renowned author, speaker, and organizational consultant.
In his TED Talk, Sinek challenges conventional wisdom on leadership by presenting a new perspective on what truly motivates people to follow others.
Remember that speaking bold truths may sometimes lead to criticism or backlash from those who disagree with your views.
As long as you stay true to your convictions and present well-researched information in a respectful manner, you’ll be able to foster meaningful conversations and make a lasting impact in your industry.
“Stand out from the crowd and establish yourself as an authority in your niche by speaking bold truths about relevant issues, just like Jesus did. #MarketingLikeJesus #BoldTruths #EstablishAuthority” Click to Tweet
Handle Rejection and Criticism Without Losing Faith
Being able to handle criticism is key for entrepreneurs, content creators, and marketplace ministry leaders, and it’s something we can learn from Jesus.
- Stay true to your message: Keep your passion alive by revisiting your mission statement or core values.
- Seek constructive feedback: Learn to discern between helpful critiques and baseless negativity.
- Surround yourself with supportive people: Cultivate a network of mentors, peers, and friends who believe in what you’re doing.
- Maintain a growth mindset: Embrace challenges as opportunities for learning.
- Practice self-compassion: Remember that setbacks are part of any journey worth taking.
Renowned entrepreneur Richard Branson once said: “Do not be embarrassed by your failures; learn from them and start again.”.
Similarly, best-selling author and speaker Brene Brown reminds us that “Talk to yourself like you would talk to someone you love.” when facing rejection or criticism.
By staying true to your message, seeking constructive feedback, surrounding yourself with supportive people, maintaining a growth mindset, and practicing self-compassion, you can continue marketing like Jesus even in the face of adversity.
“Learn from Jesus on how to handle criticism and rejection as an entrepreneur, content creator or ministry leader. Stay true to your message and embrace challenges with a growth mindset #MarketingLikeJesus #EntrepreneurshipTips” Click to Tweet
Ask For Buy-In From Followers
Believing in the value of what you offer is crucial for any entrepreneur, content creator, or ministry leader.
Just like Jesus sought buy-in from his followers by asking them to invest their time, resources, and commitment into his teachings, you too should be confident in your message’s worth.
Showcasing genuine passion and conviction when presenting your product or service is key to gaining buy-in from potential customers or supporters, according to Forbes Coaches Council.
Build Trust with Your Audience
Transparency and authenticity are essential to building trust with your audience.
Share testimonials from satisfied clients or users who can vouch for the quality of your offerings.
Engage with your audience regularly through social media platforms and other communication channels so they feel connected to both you and your brand.
Communicate Value Effectively
- Highlight real-life examples where your product/service has made a significant impact to showcase its problem-solving capabilities.
- Show how investing in your product or service can bring about lasting results rather than just momentary advantages.
- Offer free trials or samples whenever possible so people can experience firsthand the advantages of using what you provide before committing fully.
Handle Objections and Concerns
Be prepared to address any objections or concerns your audience may have when asking for buy-in.
Listen carefully to their issues, empathize with their situation, and provide clear solutions backed by facts and data to alleviate doubts while reinforcing the value of what you’re offering, according to Inc.
Reflect on Your Beliefs
Before asking for buy-in from others, reflect on whether you genuinely believe in the benefits of what you present.
If your confidence wavers in certain areas, take time to reassess those aspects and make improvements if necessary.
By demonstrating your own faith in what you present, others will be more likely to invest their trust as well.
By following Jesus’ example of seeking buy-in from his followers through trust-building measures and genuine belief in his message’s worthiness, entrepreneurs can successfully market their businesses while staying true to their values.
To market like Jesus, entrepreneurs should believe in the value of their offerings and seek buy-in from followers through trust-building measures. Building transparency and authenticity with your audience is key to gaining their trust, while effectively communicating the long-term benefits of your product or service can help address any objections or concerns they may have.
FAQs in Relation to Marketing Like Jesus
How to Live Like Jesus in the Modern World?
Love and serve others, prioritize spiritual growth over material wealth, and forgive transgressions. Check out the Sermon on the Mount for guidance.
What Does It Mean to Be Like Jesus?
Emulate His character traits: love unconditionally, forgive readily, and show empathy. Stand up against injustice with grace. Follow His teachings in the New Testament.
What Does It Mean to Live Like Jesus?
Adopt His values of selflessness, kindness, forgiveness, and service. Prioritize relationships, seek wisdom through prayer, and practice gratitude and humility. Be honest yet compassionate.
The Power of Relationship Marketing Like Jesus
Marketing Like Jesus is more than just selling products, it’s about connecting with your audience and sharing a message that resonates with them.
- Identify your target audience and build bridges before sharing your message.
- Consistently share your message despite rejection and connect intimately with prospects.
- Speak bold truths about relevant issues and handle rejection and criticism without losing faith.
- Ask for buy-in from followers and remember that marketing is an opportunity to share the love of Christ through our work.
Jesus is undoubtedly the greatest marketer and salesman in the world because he truly understood the power of relationship marketing.
He knew that attracting people to his message was far more effective than pushing it on them, and he built a loyal following of followers who shared his values and mission.
By focusing on building relationships, Jesus created a movement that has lasted for centuries, and that’s the power of marketing like Jesus.